Friday, July 23, 2010

Roller Coaster Buddies

We went to Lagoon yesterday.  I worked there in my youth and I get the pukes riding in buses, so roller coasters aren't my thing - two of the big reasons I dread Lagoon Day for Brian's office.  Brian and Bridget are roller coaster buddies, though.  Bridget loves to go on rides.  All day she kept suggesting that we go on rides "as a family," but there are few that we can do that with.  One is the giant Ferris wheel:


Right after the Ferris wheel, we did the Tilt-a-Whirl.  From then on, it was all Daddy because I felt like puking just walking around.  (I think I can handle roller coasters, it's the kind that spin you around that I can't do.)  Bridget and I rode the Paratrooper before the Tilt-a-Whirl and she was a riot - squealing with delight and holding my hand tight.  As with most of our adventures, though, she doesn't get really into it until it's almost time to leave.  Brian and I have noticed lately that in the car coming home from something fun, Bridget will ask where we're going next.  On the way home from Grandma's she'll ask if we can go to the trampolines.  On the way home from day camp she'll ask me if we can go to a park.  Last night, after five or so hours at Lagoon, she asked if we could play "Go Fish" when we got home.  (She wakes up asking me if we can play "Go Fish.")  I like that she's so into life right now - she wants to do everything! 

1 comment:

Brian said...

I enjoy most of the rides at Lagoon but for some reason the ferris wheel freaks me out. I'm glad I have a roller coaster buddy :)..