Sunday, September 19, 2010

Practice

Bridget holding her friend's little brother's hand while they wait for some people to pass by.
 We've been talking a lot about what we can do to get another baby.  We're updating our profile with LDSFS and trying to take more pictures of the stuff we do.  Mostly, though, we're praying.  At Family Home Evening last week we informed Bridget that she is the angel in the family and she needs to ask Heavenly Father to help us find her brother or sister.  "I think a sister." They won't be very close in age (at least four years even if we were chosen today), but I know Bridget will take good care of her little brother/sister.  We have a room upstairs next to our bedroom and as soon as we know what we're getting, we'll paint it.  (For now it's Uncle Aaron's Room.  Uncle Aaron has been on a mission for almost a year, but that's still what we call the upstairs guest room.)  Even though it's kind of in the middle of everything, it's the quietest room in the house.  I love taking naps in there.  And we insulated the floor (the ceiling of the office downstairs) when we finished the basement.  Always thinking!

I think we're in the mood to get everything updated right now because all of us "miss" him/her.  That's weird to say...  We feel the absence of another person in our family and it hasn't always felt like that.  Life is busy and happy and will continue to be - we're just waiting in position for the starting gun to go off and begin a new chapter.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hi, I just found this site, and read the adoption stories that you wrote in July. It's still a tear jerker, even four years later.

What you've done here is really nice. I like it. And I love you all.