I think I've mentioned in a previous post that we made a "sticker chart" for Bridget when she wasn't staying in her bed at night. When she stayed in her bed all night (we allowed one potty trip each night), she got a princess sticker the next morning. We were secretly planning a trip to Disneyland anyway, but her goal was to fill up the chart (about three months worth) and go to the "Princess Castle."
Well. Recently dinner time has been a time for whining (instead of eating), complaining (instead of eating), crying (instead of eating), dramatic displays of dissatisfaction (instead of eating). Booooo. When Bridget stopped taking naps (more than a year ago, I think) she began getting very tired at about 5:00 pm. By the time we eat (usually 6:00 pm) she is almost insane with the sleepiness. This is no good for many reasons - the main one being that Bridget ends up not eating anything for dinner. We made a new sticker chart, the title of which is "Bridget Eats Her Dinner and Doesn't Complain." (She calls it "beplaining." Sometimes she tells me that she didn't "beplain.") The reward was a new princess dress of Bridget's choice. She changed her mind several times a day on the dress she wanted, but that was all part of the anticipation.
The chart was finally full last week and we ordered a Tinkerbell costume. I'm sooooooooooooo glad this kind of thing works for Bridget. She has learned to control her tantrums (there were a few nights when she didn't get a sticker, but only a few) and she eats whatever we're having for dinner. Sometimes that is fish. COME ON! A kid who eats fish? Awesome. :)



1 comment:
I was just thinking how much that would NOT work for me. (o:
But holy snot, she is so cute! Love the dress! How many princess dresses does she have now?
Post a Comment