Monday, October 26, 2009

The Old Neighborhood

When my family moved to North Carolina in 1992 we had to stay in a hotel for a few days while my parents closed on the house. This hotel was right by a Waffle House. The bulbs in the "W" of the sign were always (ALWAYS) burned out. We called it The Affle (Awful) House. Anyway, my Grandpa (he and my Grandma had made the trip out to North Carolina to help us move in) referred to this hotel as The Old Neighborhood.

That's a lot of unnecessary background, I suppose. I thought it would be fun to take pictures along a walk Bridget and I take pretty regularly to a park in the town where we live. It's probably close to a mile away, but it's a very pretty walk. Our town is a nice mix of suburban and rural, as you'll see. Here is what we saw on our walk last Friday:
The pumpkin that grew through the fence on the corner. Bridget squeals every time she sees it.

This isn't the only horse along our route, but he was the only one out to say hello that day.

This old truck is near a barn and some more horses. The sepia makes it look antique instead of junky, don't you think? :)

This is not okay. I don't care if it is Halloween. I couldn't relax knowing that this thing was on my porch. Boooo.

Finally! We're at the park.

Bridget has a very mature sense of humor. She likes to make this face at me when I'm with my piano students because she knows it makes me laugh out loud. And then my piano students don't know why I'm laughing. Hee!

This would be a better picture if my arms were longer. Alas...

We saw these grapes on the way home. Beautiful color combo.

We stopped at a cute pumpkin patch for some mini pumpkins.

More fruit! What a beautiful time of year. That concludes our tour. :)

1 comment:

Chillygator said...

Thanks for commenting! I actually have the prophet nesting dolls and tried to take Joseph Smith Nesting Doll on a vacation (since JSN can't go!) and it wasn't nearly the same. If they weren't all at my mom's office, I'd probably make them all dress up. How do you dress up 16 nesting dolls, anyway?

Phlegm, though, I hate phlegm. I'm glad we don't have to risk it (o: