I wanted to include "everyday" stuff in this blog. For example, I'm a piano teacher. Mondays through Thursdays I have piano students after school (about 3:30) until 6:30 in the evening. On Wednesday and Thursday I have a student at 8:00 in the morning. Bridget is at home for most of my piano students and she has slowly (oh, so slowly) learned to be respectful of my students when they're here. You know, not playing the piano at the same time they are, not crawling under the students' legs to play with the pedals, not trying on their shoes or taking off with their coats or bags.
Brian and I both thought that Bridget was more concerned with showing off for my grade school and junior high school age students than listening to what they were doing. The other day Brian was playing a song (it's a secret that he is learning to play... shhh) and Bridget told him he needed to use his left hand. Then she told him it was a quarter note. Of course we think she's a genius, but sometimes it's fun to have proof. Ha! She has some of the lingo down anyway. I'd heard parents say that their kids copy everything they do, but it's still strange when it happens to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment