Friday, November 12, 2010

We've Been Chosen!

Several weeks ago I got a call from a good friend.  She had a lead on a birth mother who was looking for an adoptive family.  You'd be surprised how many times I get calls like that - or maybe you wouldn't be surprised.  Anyway, I didn't get worked up, just took the information and said I'd call the woman at the agency.  I was in the car with Bridget at the time and we were on our way somewhere kind of far away.  After I hung up the phone (which was almost out of juice) I drove for a few minutes, then I turned the car around without really thinking about it and we went home so that I could use our phone to call the agency my friend had told me about.  (By the way, I pulled over for the conversation with my friend.  Safety first!)

This was a Thursday.  By Sunday we had a conference call set up with the birth mother and birth father.  We only talked for about 20 minutes.  They stayed on the line with their caseworker and then their caseworker called us back to say the birth family wants to work with us.  So!  Some time in the next five weeks, we'll be a family of five.  The birth mother is pregnant with twin boys - didn't I mention that part?  :) :) :) :) :)

Since we found out, it's like we've been training for an adoption marathon and we didn't even realize it.  We were so ready for a baby that it would have been too easy, so we're getting two babies.  Bridget is very into math right now, so she often reminds me that right now there are three people in our family and when we get "the brothers" there will be five.  All of us have stepped up our game - we're remembering to do all the stuff we need to do and we're being extra helpful to each other.  Next weekend we're going to visit the birth family face to face. 

My Dad says my blogging days are over once the brothers get here, but I'm hoping he's wrong.  Wish us luck!

8 comments:

KQ said...

Wow! That IS big news! Congratulations!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

NICOLE and BRIAN! I literally have chills, I am so, so thrilled for your family! Those little boys are so blessed to be joining your family. I can't wait to hold them. We love you guys so much!

Bump and Erin said...

I am thrilled for you guys!!! What an awesome thing!! Good luck! Can't wait to see them!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Beautiful news to share! Congratulations.....may it all go very smoothly.

Mr and Mrs C said...

That is terrific news! What a wonderful blessing for your family...those boys are so blessed to be coming into this world and having you, Brian and Bridget for a family. Congratulations!

Jess said...

Congratulations! I agree that those boys are very lucky to be coming to such a great family. I have a friend with 4 month old twins, so I see that you have a lot of work ahead, but wonderful times also. What a blessing!

Chillygator said...

I am SO happy for your family! That's fantastic! (o:

Reg said...

How did we not know about this! This is so exciting. Please let us know if we can help in anyway.