Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Dentist

We were a little behind, but we finally got Bridget in to a dentist last week. Of course she's been brushing her teeth (religiously, actually) and she even loves to floss. Whenever her doctor tries to look in her mouth, Bridget loses her mind. I got the dentist appointment because someone canceled and I only had an hour to prep her for what would happen. I told her she needed to be brave like Mulan (current hero) and that the dentist would look at her teeth and even brush them like Momma and Daddy do. If she was good, they'd give her a toothbrush! And maybe even floss! (Dream come true.)
Bridget did so well. I love that she trusts me (and Brian) so completely. When the dentist tried to look in her mouth by using his hands, she shot me a panicked look. He figured it out quickly and opened her new Cinderella toothbrush to "brush" her teeth. She opened her mouth as wide as she could because now he was doing what Momma said he would.

Also, I know I'm old and everything, but why has it taken pediatric dentists so long to figure out how to make kids comfortable? Flat panel TVs on the ceiling playing cartoon movies?! AWESOME. And princess toothbrushes and dinosaur floss. I would have loved the dentist...

No comments: