Two days in a row we took Bridget on highly adventurous outings. First, ice skating.
She was so scared at first (in this photo she is saying, "I hold you!"), but she followed my instructions to just stand up and let us help her slide. I did hold her a few times because I'm sure her little legs got tired. (By the way, she was the one who insisted on wearing that beautiful crown. It was cracking me up.)
The other cousins her age were done after one trip around the rink, but Bridget wanted to keep going after she got used to the sensation. I'm so proud! She went around the rink with Grandma and me several times.Last night to celebrate New Year's Eve, Brian took Bridget on his back and skied in the torch parade at Alta. Bridget's best friend, Clara, and her Daddy had done it before, but it was still pretty scary watching them walk over to the lift. She asked for Mommy once and then "almost done?" about ten times, but she never cried. Brian said she started giggling once they were skiing. Again, so proud.
Here they are after the parade - Dan (Clara is on his back), Brian with Bridget, and my life-saver friend, Kristi (Clara's Mommy).As parents, we really want our children to be independent and to have experiences that make them better, more confident people.
No comments:
Post a Comment